DESERT SKIES UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
NURSERY ATTENDANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides nursery care for children on Sunday mornings and other special events as needed:
1. Have understanding and patience with children
2. Must be 18 year of age or older
3. Must have high school diploma, GED or be currently enrolled in high school
4. Must have one year experience caring for babies and small children
5. Must have current certification in First Aid, CPR for infants and children
6. Must provide a current Background Check, (DCS Central Registry or other) and Criminal History Affidavit
7. Must obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card, issued by Arizona Department of Public Safety
8. Must be current with all immunizations including TDAP, annual flu and Covid19 vaccines
9. Provide three references or letters of recommendation with contact information
10. Staff Parish Relations Committee has oversight; Supervisor will be dependent on location
1. Priority for safety and well-being of children.
2. Practice and follow Safe Sanctuary Policy for Desert Skies United Methodist Church.
3. Greet and assists parents in signing in and out all children.
4. Change, feed and play with babies and toddlers with undistracted, full attention when children are present.
5. Call 911 for emergencies, provide basic first aid as necessary and notify parents immediately.
6. Keep accident/incident log and share with Supervisor at end of shift.
7. Ensure nursery area remains clean and neat. Set-up and take-down nursery items.
8. Share with children any educational curriculum or materials provided by Supervisor.
9. Complete 6 hours of on-line training for childcare providers per year as agreed upon with Supervisor.
10. Arrive at beginning of shift with fully charged phone or make prior arrangements with Supervisor to have a phone present.
11. Verify work schedule monthly and notify Supervisorwhen a substitute is needed no later than fourteen days prior to shift. Notify Supervisor as soon as possible, but not later than 3 hours prior to shift if an emergency circumstance arises.
12. Supervise any assigned volunteers.
13. Maintain consistent effective communication about position with Supervisor (issues, needs, suggestions for improvement).
SALARY: $ 13.00 PER HOUR
Nursery care is for ages newborn to starting kindergarten. Nursery services are offered each Sunday from 9:00 to 11:30 AM.